Online OUPV/6-Pack Captain's License
Only $950, Save $245 off the In-Person Course Price!
- Professional level training that fits your schedule.
- Easy to use learning platform with actual instructors to assist you.
- Organized and palatable, module by module instruction, for easy learning
- Robust resource library
- Premier course access
- A Designated Confident Captain Method Instructor
- A Full day of in-person prep with an instructor
- All exams
- Course Completion Certificate
How it Works
- Book your course and pick your examination date
- Course materials and login arrive at your door
- Start digging into the module by module instruction
- Sign up for virtual office hours if you need them
- Come to a live prep day before your examination
- Take your exam!!
The OUPV/Six-Pack candidate must have a significant amount of sea time experience prior to taking the course. The candidate must have at least 360 days of sea time before he or she is eligible to take a USCG Captain's course. The Coast Guard defines one day as four hours underway. There are exceptions for professional mariners working several shifts in one day and those who live aboard. Learn more about documenting your sea time.
- 360 Days
- 90 of the 360 days must be within the past three years
- 90 of the 360 days must be outside of the boundary lines. Learn more about the boundary lines.
- 50% of the experience must be obtained after the age of 16
The candidate must be 18 years of age to enroll in an OUPV/Six-Pack course. All candidates must have a firm understanding of the English language. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be required to submit a paperwork package to the USCG in order for his or her license to be commercially endorsed. Therefore the student will need to be able to pass a physical examination, drug test, get a TWIC card, is First-Aid/CPR certified and prove that he or she is eligible to work legally in the United States. Please note that OUPV/Six-Pack candidates must be eligible to work in the United States but do not have to be US citizens.